Due to an overwhelming amount of work on my plate I will be taking a break from quoting/scheduling new work through June 1st 2019.
Sorry I can’t be of help at this time however I will be back at it soon and available for new requests.
Take care and enjoy this beautiful spring.
Thanks for you interest in hiring me for your projects. I created this page to help save us both some time by answering the most common questions I receive. Please read this page entirely before submitting a quote request.
- My name is Dehn, pronounced “Dane.”
- I will communicate with you primarily by email. It’s how I am able to efficiently do the handyman work and run my business without being overwhelmed. I am responsive and will respond to you same day usually but no more than 24 hours.
The good stuff
I get a lot of quote requests and this is great however I can’t be all things to all people.
Some handyman or handyman businesses may claim to do it all, “one call does it all.” I am just one person and there are some projects for which I am not qualified to do. Others that I do not like or want to do. Rather than trying to please everyone I prefer to accept projects that I am qualified to do as well as projects that I like to do.
With this in mind, you know that when you hire me you are hiring someone qualified for the task at hand. I will do a good job because the work is something I like to do.
Here is a short list I work that I do not do
- Flooring, except interlocking plank vinyl and engineered wood plank flooring.
- Full service remodeling
- Custom woodworking
- Shower faucet repairs or replacement
- Overhead door repair
- Fence repair or installation
Here is what I will do
I specialize in small jobs, typically two hours to two days. These projects can be upgrades or repairs and can be whole room or whole house makeovers. The majority of the work that I like to take on is installation of all kinds of things and carpentry projects.
Carpentry work can include
- Baseboard and door/window casing installation
- Interior and exterior door installation
- Cabinet installation
- Closet rod and shelf installation
- Misc trim/moulding installation
- Microwave installation
- Dishwasher installation
- Cabinet installation
- Sink and faucet installation
- Garbage disposal installation
- Drain replacement or repair
- Some vent hood installations
- Hanging things decorative or functional
- Light fixture installation
Living areas and bedrooms
- Window covering installation
- Ceiling fan and light fixture installation
- Door installation
- Hanging art, mirrors and other decorative items
- Wall mount TVs
- Door hardware such as hinges and handles
- Dead bolt installation
- Some furniture assembly or set up
- Electrical switch or outlet replacement
- Handrail installation
- Smoke and CO2 detectors
- Battery and light bulb replacement
- Closet organizer installation
- Towel bar or ring installation
- Toilet paper holder installation
- Medicine cabinet installation Toilet installation
- Toilet tank repairs
- Vanity and sink installation
- Faucet installation
- Hanging mirrors or other accessories
- Shower caulking
- Light fixture installations
- Exhaust fan replacement
- Curtain rod installation
- Grab bar installation
Minor Electrical and plumbing
This typically means fixtures and devices located outside the wall but includes switched and receptacles.
- Door weather strip installation/replacement
- Door sweeps and bottoms
- Security and storm door installation
- Gate repairs
- Exterior caulking
- Peep holes
- Garage shelving
- Storage or organization installations
This list is to give you and idea of what I do most of the time but not comprehensive, if you do not see your project or repair feel free to inquire.